SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Adult Colouring World of Art Hobby Relaxing A4 Drawing Scenes by World of Books Therapy pttjgk2041-New toy
- Kids Empire JCB Table and Chair Set
- Schutt Sports Youth AiR XP Hybrid Football Helmet without Faceguard
- Home Decor Pictures DIY Painting by Numbers Digital Oil Painting On Canvas Beauty Lady Wall Art,50x65cm
- Trademark Fine Art Tuscany Caffe II by Alan bluestein, Black Matte, Wood Frame, 11 X 11
- Warm Blanket Sugar Skull Watercolor Painting Style Girl Face with Make Up and Floral Crown Big Eyes All Season for Couch or Bed 50 Wx60 L
- Brokenartcar2yag5128 49x79inch=125x200cm YEHO Art Gallery 39x49 Inch Flannel Fleece Bed Blanket Soft Throw-Blankets for Girls Boys,Navy bluee Anchor with Floral Background,Cozy Lightweight Blankets for Bedroom Living Room Sofa Couch
- Pullip J Doll 11 Via Monte Napoleone Fashion Groove Jun Anime Japan Jdoll NEW
- Spenglish Men's Sleeveless Hooded Tank Black XL
- Harley Davidson - 2001 FXSTS Springer Softail
- Return - Pokemon Trainer Figure Jesse with Meowth 52
- Unisex Plastic Accessories SEIKO CLOCKS DESPERTADOR QHK051R
- Belt Buckle - Free - New Iwatobi Chan Anime Toys Licenced ge15519
- Carrera Evolution Most Wanted Slot Car Race Set 1 24 Scale Analog Track System - Includes Two 1 32 Scale Cars Chevrolet Camaro Sheriff and Ford Mustang GT No. 66 - 2 Dual-Speed Controllers Ages 8+
- Watercolor Block Hot Press 10X14
- Generic Ormino GARTT 500 PRO Metal Main redor Head Assembly fits Align Trex 500 Helicopter Hobby
- Pack of 96 Disposable Red and bluee Medieval Dinner Plates 9
- ALZRC Devil 450 480 Metal Tail Torque Tube Unit Bright Silver RC Helicopter Parts HP45034F
- Rudi Voller Signed Framed 16x12 Photo Autograph Germany Memorabilia Display +COA
- Sam break type back side holster (nylon black) No.359-BK right Ingram M11 SOCOM only (japan import)
- YOYI-HOME Digital Printing Duplex Printed Blanket Dreams Magic Sticks Stars Calligraphy Text Simple Handwriting Style Black Pink White Summer Quilt Comforter W59 x H39.5
- Laliva Sticker for Model 1700mm F4U Corsair Scale RC Model FMS043
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn