SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Model Plane 60763 1 72 American - 22 Raptor Stealth Fighter Assembly F ptwbye3515-New toy
- SUNKEE Fullmetal Alchemist cosplay costume, Colonel Roy Nation al Army Mustang Uniform,Size M (Fit for Height 5'3-5'6,Weight 110-135 pounds)
- Pull Handle, WOLFBUSH 12Pcs Retro Knob Cupboard Cabinet Drawer Wardrobe Door Single Hole Pull Handle(Dia. 22mm) - Red Copper
- GMT Games Chariots Of Fire Warfare In The Bronze Age, 2300-1200 B.C.
- Bracelet Designer Steel 'Boho'red golden (Feather)- 12x4 mm (0.47''x0.16'').
- D & D Minis Poison Dusk Lizardfolk 40 - War of the Dragon Queen
- Bachmann Trains New York Central 40' Stock Car-Ho Scale
- Turquoise Sugar Skull Earrings Day of the Dead Mexican Jewelry
- Interesting Creative Party Favors fruit Theme pineapple Bottle Openers party or Wedding Bottle Openers for your Wedding or Birthday Party Favors Souvenir Gift (40pcs)
- Floral Leaves Printing Sofa Cover Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Couch Cover for Living Room Anti-Dirty Furniture Cover 1 2 3 4 Seater color 2, 4seater 235-300cm
- Hot Wheels 35th Anniversary Shelby Cobra 97 Dodge Viper GTS 65 Cobra Daytona 1 64 scale Limited Edition
- McFarlane Toys 6 NHL Series 12 - Jeremy Roenick-White w Purple Jersey
- N Scale Steam Locomotive C11 2002 [Japan Import]
- Matek System F411-One F4 Flight Controller AIO OSD 5V BEC Current Sensor for RC Models Multicopter Frame Parts
- SUBO U Disk 16G 32G 64G 128G U Disk Creative High-Speed U Disk Usb3.0,64GB
- Baseball Time Party Supplies - Party Pack for 8 by BirthdayExpress
- Plush Backpack - Despicable Me 2 - Purple Minion Evil Tim Doll New 082578-3
- Transformers Age of Extinction Snarl Power Attacker
- Mini Size bluee Cars Backpack - Disney's CarsBookbag [Toy]
- Copper Earrings With Crystal And Pearl-like Beads
- Mk Collection Owl Brown Purple Pink Green White 6 pc c Comforter And sheet set With Furry Buddy Included New Twin Size
- 8.2 Inches Non Slip Folding Step Stool for Kids and Adults with Handle, Holds Up to 132 LBS (Random Pattern) (color Green)
- Safari Ltd 30010 Therizinosaurus XL Animal Figure Toy
- Alegria Women's Yehaw Black Alegria Verona Print 37 M EU
- Zicue Stylish Charming Bracelet Exquisite Ornaments delicate bracelet Multi Layer Bracelet Sweet Bohemia Fashion Elastic Fringed Beaded Bracelet. ( color E )
- RX-93-v2 Hi-v Gundam GPB color (HG) 1 144
- A5 double-sided Silk card Made by Mika Personalised baby announcements STROLLER blueE PHOTO BOY FREE DRAFT & FREE ENVELOPES (200, A5 double-sided Silk card)
- Melody Jane Dollhouse Miniature Furniture 1 12 Mahogany Victorian Pedestal Plant Stand
- SHIJING Giant Flower Print Swan Inflatable Float For Adult Pool Party Toys Green Flamingo RideOn Air Mattress Swimming Ring boia,4
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn